Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sometimes Your Jenni, Sometimes Your the BUG!!

So I am sitting in the family room one afternoon a week ago and I hear footsteps stomping around upstairs just before KT and Jen come downstairs yelling about a giant bug that was in the guestroom where Jen does the ironing. While I am trying to listen to both of them talk at once, I pick up words like: Huge / Weird / Tons of Legs / Gigantic / Fast / and so on and so on and so on.

Now I am nice and comfy in the Chair, so I decide to pass the honor of "Ultimate Bug Killer" on to Taylor as a Rite of Passage type thing. So Taylor heads up the stairs with the girls behind him.....I hear more stomping around and then all three of them are back in the family room and I start hearing things like: "I have never seen anything like it!" / "It had so many legs!!!" / "That thing was giant!!".........and then I hear the inevitable...."It got away!!!!!".

So now I am thinking, "that is just wonderful, I get to go in search of the illusive alien bug.....great!!". I get up head upstairs on my quest for the hideous monster........and nobody is following me.......which tells you a little something there doesn't it, "you go dad...we gotcha covered from down here". I started removing clothes from the bed that were ready to be ironed, shook each one out and no alien. I then removed the blanket from the bed and shake it out.......still no blasted bug. By this time Jen has ventured upstairs to see if I have been taken hostage by said bug and removed to the mother-ship for a good a thorough probing. I ask her, "how big was this bug, I can't find it anywhere?". Jen responds that it was "as big as my pinkie finger!!".

So now I am thinking that it should not be to hard to see.....I get down on the floor and see something run towards the wall......I yank the bed away from the wall and stare at this "alien". I killed it and took the following picture with my phone so that you can see for yourself just how "strange" and "big as my pinkie finger" this bug actually was..........the coin in the picture is a dime so that you can get some type of size comparison.


All I have to say is this.......Jen's pinkie finger is wwwaaaaaaayyyyyy bigger than this little bug!!!

Once again ........ Jen is all mine and I love her immensely for things just like this :-)

16 comments:

Jenster said...

Here's the deal. It was a spotted bug and Katie and I saw it on a plaid shirt. Polka dots and plaid don't usually mix and together they caused an optical illusion, making the bug appear much larger.

He forgot to mention the growling sound it made.

Rosie said...

Looks pinkie sized to me. :)

April said...

I am more likely to believe that Jen just has tiny fingers or your camera is screwy because everybody knows Jen is right.

Sorry she was my friend before you were.

Reid said...

April is wrong. April has done the same thing. I think it is some kinda female-biological-magnification-reflex when presented with fear. I have heard April scream, tell me to kill something that is "Huge" and it ends up being the size of an ant. I believe that Josie was fearing something when she commented, how else would she think the bug was pinkie sized?

Becky said...

Ahh my young apprentice...it's not about the size of the monster you slay, just that you slay it! You're their hero now...bask in the glory!

Love the blog, by the way. It's kind of fun seeing things in your household from both perspectives. ;-)

April said...

Don't listen to Reid he can't even spell Rosie let alone diagnose fears!
Reid: R-O-S-I-E.

Reid said...

Okay April. You're not getting my editing help for 5 days! That's right - yellow card baby! You're in the penalty box!

That's right, Reid is April's Blogging Editor. Let's see her grammar over the next 5 days!

As you can see in April's comment above, she does not know when to add commas, or perhaps start a new sentence.

One more infraction April and you'll get a RED CARD!

Written with much love for my lovely and loving sweetheart. :)

Rosie, Please forgive me.

Jenster said...

April & Reid - you're both cracking me up!

Barb said...

I decided awhile ago that if my sons are going to be real men, they need to know how to scoop and bury dead things for me. Dead things are always a bad surprise, and my husband isn't always available to do the funerial chores. So I passed the torch to his sons for him...

Jenni and Me said...

Jen - you have GOT to be kidding me..."growling sound it made"...please, the growling was coming from me.

rosie - I think you suffer from reid's elquent description.

april - looks like you have been "Yellow Carded".....better be careful!!!

reid - I like the way you think....

becky - so if I can translate what you wrote into "mans english" I could sum it up by saying I should have gotten "lucky".....did not happen, but a darn good idea!!! Hopefully Jen will think so too...

barb - that is what boys are for most definately!

Jenster said...

Um, I think your "man English" is rusty. I don't think she was saying that at all. lol

Radioactive Tori said...

You all are way too funny! I love it!

But the bug looks pretty big to me. In my house, I am the designated bug killer, except I almost always move the bugs outside instead of killing them. My kids think I am crazy. My husband KNOWS I am crazy.

Terri said...

Bugs - that's what the can of Raid is for, or lacking that, a can of hairspray. The good, super-duper hold stuff. I have been known to wake children up in the middle of the night to execute a bug. Once the kids left home, the canned stuff became more important. Doesn't matter if I spray the whole can, as long as I can outrun the bug.

Killing bugs is definitely a male thing!

Terri said...

Todd, I meant to say I like the updates! Looks good.

Jenster said...

You need a new post!!

Lynilu said...

Well, I'm glad I got here in time to see this post. I can settle it once and for all ... a bug is as big as one believes it to be in direct proportions to it's location and the surprise factor. That makes it ONE BIG BUG!!!

Take it from me ... I'm old and I know everything.